iMessage Question?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ashkin1194, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Ashkin1194 macrumors newbie

So iMessage sends the message to two ios5 devices over 3G/Wifi, right? What if, for instance, my girlfriend is in an area of bad coverage for the night but I have 3G coverage. When I send an iMessage "text" how will she get it? She won't until she gets 3G or wifi coverage, right? That seems like a loophole. If I need to get in touch with her over text, I shouldn't have to manually disable iMessage just to send her an SMS.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

If the sender or receiver doesn't have a data connection, but is an iPhone. The iPhone waits five minutes, then resends the iMessage as a SMS.

3. Comeagain? macrumors 68020

Comeagain?

The iPhone will send the message from EDGE/3G/Wifi. It will use which ever radio it can. Preferring wifi and imessage, but will send as SMS

4. Ashkin1194 thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)

Oh cool! Thanks intell that's exactly what I expected it to do but I didn't know that functionality was there.