Imessage Question

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by NachosPayDay, Dec 28, 2014.

1. NachosPayDay macrumors newbie

My wife wants to be able to receive my daughters imessages. Currently they are using my wife's apple ID on both phones, and it works most of the time. When updates are done it will revert back sometimes where my daughter will get my wife's text messages, because it checks the phone number to send and receive from. Is there a way to have two apple ID's for Imessage on a single phone so my wife can send and receive from hers, and also just receive my daughters. She is 12 so she wants to monitor her messages. I don't think there is a way, but why not ask. Thanks for the help in advance.

2. richwoodrocket, Dec 28, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2014

richwoodrocket macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket

Imessage Question

Wow what a parent. And people wonder why kids have trust issues with parents. But if you insist, here's a way. On your daughters phone set it up so it sends from either her email or your email. Put that email in your phone and her phone. Make it so it sends from that email on hers only and send iMessages from your number.

3. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

if your daughter is texting from a number there's is nothing you can do really. I understand your need to look though