iMessage quick replies

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by nooaah, Oct 24, 2013.

1. nooaah macrumors 68000

nooaah

Given that this is now a feature in Mavericks, I'm betting on it being cooked into 7.1. Anyone else think this is a strong possibility now?

2. Trius macrumors 6502a

Trius

3. HankHowdy macrumors 68040

HankHowdy

I hope so. It's the only thing keeping me from updating to iOS 7. I have it on my jail broken phone. I can't live without it. Too spoiled.

4. bmark macrumors newbie

I think quick reply is included in 7.1 as well. Apple would be foolish to wait until ios 8 to integrate that feature. Android has had quick reply for years now!

5. nooaah thread starter macrumors 68000

nooaah

Besides swype, bitesms is the only reason I'd jailbreak at this point.

6. utwarreng macrumors 6502

utwarreng

When they first previewed Mavericks and showed quick reply, I got so excited that they would seemingly HAVE to finally add this feature to iOS as well. Unfortunately, we've been let down yet again. It's easily the #1 feature that keeps me wanting to jailbreak.

7. recklesslife85 macrumors 6502

recklesslife85

They should bring this to iOS and fast. Using it on Mavericks makes life a little easier even if it is by a few seconds but be even more handy on iOS.

8. Europa13 macrumors 6502

It's still not included in the Android stock messaging app. There are apps in the Android App Store that have it and custom ROMs have it, but it is not included out of the box. I've read about various problems associated with the third party Android apps that include it. It's always best to have it implemented in the stock app. Hopefully Apple adds it soon. I've been using iRealSMS and then BiteSMS for years. It's a very useful feature.

9. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

10. megapopular macrumors 6502a

Quick reply in theory would let you get a text message and be able to reply to it without leaving whatever app you're in. The reply would come in as an overlay to whatever app you're in. Currently you have to leave the app and go directly into the messaging app to reply to an incoming text message.

11. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

Very interesting

12. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

I doubt it'll be in 7.1. iOS 8 maybe. It would be nice if they added an API for it so other apps could use it too.

13. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Use Messages on Mavericks to see what he's talking about.

Attached Files:

14. megapopular macrumors 6502a

Yeah, it's good stuff! One of the main reasons I've jailbroken my iPhone in the past but at this stage I'm just not interested in jailbreaking anymore, not even for an implementation of quick reply. I just hope that Apple puts it into ios sometime in the nearer future since it's very convenient.

15. sflomenb macrumors 6502a

sflomenb

I think it's more useful on the Mac than it would be on the iPhone.

16. scoop2mylue macrumors 6502a

scoop2mylue

this doesn't make any sense

17. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

You have much more room and can have multiple apps open on a computer so I agree with scoop2mylue.

BiteSMS is one of the most popular jailbreak tweaks because it has quick reply.

18. scoop2mylue macrumors 6502a

scoop2mylue

exactly quick reply is like the #1 feature why people jailbreak their phones

19. esapedrift macrumors newbie

took them a year to add unified search bar in IOS7 after mountain lion Safari had it.

20. rtomyj macrumors 6502a

rtomyj

True but that was when forestall was running iOS. Now it's the Mac guy and Ive.

21. Big Stevie, Oct 26, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2013

Big Stevie macrumors 6502a

Big Stevie

So is quick reply just a smaller pop up box that sits in the top right of the sreen? Rather like when you get an email and a message pops up to inform you?

22. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Ah the famous "Android has had it for years now!" statement :)

23. C DM macrumors Westmere

its so that you can quickly reply from that alert basically without leaving whatever app you might already be in.

24. matttye macrumors 601

Siri should be able to reply to things too.

'reply to my last e-mail/message [from <contact>]' where '[from <contact>]' is optional.

25. scapegoat81 macrumors 6502a

scapegoat81

No ***** !?! Didn't know they brought it to Mavericks. Still stuck wit this POS PC lol. This will be coming to iOS but who knows when. If it's not in 7.1 or 7.2, then def by iOS 8. The only thing that'll make me jailbreak then would be custom themes. Here's looking at you Bars ;)