iMessage Randomly Sending From Email

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Dirone, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Dirone macrumors newbie

So I have an iPhone 6 on 8.1. Ever since I upgraded to 8.0, I have been having an issue where my iCloud email address will send instead of my number. My number is selected in the settings for when I send messages, also my icloud email. Turning off iMessage works also restoring network preferences. I have been having to do this like 2-3 times a month. Starting to get really annoying. Anyone having the same issue? Or know if there is a permanent fix?

Attached Files:

2. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

I got a couple of emails from someone last week. My guess is maybe iMessage was down. Or where they were texting pushed it to iCloud email.

3. Tzerlag macrumors regular

Tzerlag

Looking at your photo, are you in airplane mode with wifi on? That would mean the cellular antenna is off. Could that explain it?

4. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I haven't had this problem with my iPhone, but another person on my account does. I'll send a message to her number and I'll get a reply from either her number or her email address. It's annoying because it ends up splitting the conversation into two different threads.

5. djmodifyd macrumors regular

I just posted a thread about this too, I have the exact same problem.

Its driving my wife nuts because she is getting split conversations on her end.