iMessage Read Receipts

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by Poob Bubes, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Poob Bubes, Oct 20, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2016

Poob Bubes macrumors 6502a

Poob Bubes

I've noticed that the read status in my messages changes. For example, I sent my wife a message and saw she read it an hour ago. Now when I look at the message, it only shows as Delivered. This is not the first time this has happened. This only started in iOS 10 as now we have global Read Receipts off in the Settings and have it on a per contact basis instead. Anyone else noticed this behavior?

2. atlchamp macrumors 68000

I've been noticing that for such a long time. There is no fix for it

3. Poob Bubes thread starter macrumors 6502a

Poob Bubes

Do you know if the person(s) who demonstrates this behavior has the global option off and has it on per contact? I'm just wondering if that causes it.

4. atlchamp macrumors 68000

Anyone

5. Poob Bubes thread starter macrumors 6502a

Poob Bubes

Ok, thanks. I wonder if it occurs in 10.1.

6. atlchamp macrumors 68000

Haven't really tried it

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

As I recall there have been threads about it since iOS 9 days at least, where individualized read receipts were not even an option.

8. xero9 macrumors 6502a

This happens if you open the multitask window (or what ever double pressing the home button is called these days) and closing Messages.

If you send someone a message and it shows 'read' and you close Messages it will switch back to 'delivered'.
    If they reply back after that message, it will continue to show 'read' even after closing Messages.

I reported this bug to Apple back in the earlier versions of iOS 9 and it was marked as a duplicate. Really would have thought they'd fix it by now.