iMessage Refuses to Send Messages

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Ryan Burgess, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Ryan Burgess macrumors 6502

Hi, I recently bought a refurbished iMac (the 2011 model) and over the last few days have been trying to set everything up correctly. For some reason I cannot get iMessage to work, and I've tried everything. I am logged in to Messages and it is ready to accept messages at both my iPhone number and my email addresses, however when I try to send a message it does nothing. It just sits there. And after about 3 minutes it'll have a red icon and say "This Message Could Not Be Sent Please Try Again".

I've tried several times, and the only times I can get it to go through is when I send one to myself. But even then, only 1 of 10 will go through and it still takes about 3 minutes. Again, every time I send one to someone else it NEVER goes through.

I've searched the Apple forums, and these forums as well, unable to find a solution. I tried the many steps suggested here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4796390?start=0&tstart=0
    to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

2. Lazrhog macrumors regular

Neither iMessage or Facetime work on my iMac (new in December 2012). I am hoping the new OS upgrade will magically fix them. I just get the very useful "iMessage has an internal error", or Facetime just sits there forever trying to login.

I have tried pretty much all the fixes mentioned on the web, apart from the OSX reinstall/fix suggestions. Didn't fancy breaking anything else by doing that. I think my problems stemmed from initial setting up of my iMac by migrating from my macbook .....

even so, its pretty annoying !

3. Richdmoore macrumors 68000

Richdmoore

4. Lazrhog macrumors regular

5. Lazrhog macrumors regular

Attached Files:

6. Lazrhog macrumors regular

just out of interest, reinstalling the OS (without reformatting or anything like that) resolved all my issues. Apple sure made it easy to do that. I'm well happy :)