iMessage: Resize picture before sending

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lancastor, Sep 26, 2011.

?

Do you like a resize picture feature in iMessage

1. No, I don't like that feature, because i have an unlimited data plan

47.1%
  2. Yes, that's a must have

52.9%
  1. lancastor macrumors 6502a

In Mail you can choose to resize a picture before sending (small, medium, big and original).

In iMessage the picture is always sent in full resolution (a few megabytes).

Do you think it's a good feature to have a resizing option in iMessage like in Mail.

2. Calidude macrumors 68000

Calidude

3. bmms8 macrumors 68020

i think its fine the way it is. with imessage, it seems like a great way to send a lot of pics easily over wifi. having that option always ask might be obtrusive.

good poll though, much better than the release date threads :)

4. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Where is the option "the feature is OK, but I'll never use it and it has nothing to do with an unlimited data plan?"

5. yashrg macrumors regular

yashrg

I'll go with feature is ok but I'll never use it.

6. garybUK Guest

garybUK

I have a UK iPhone 4S but work in Germany, it's a nightmare not having this feature, wifi is flaky at the place I stay and having the resize option will keep me in my 25mb per day i get with Voda when roaming.

7. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

I'd love this feature! I have unlimited data but my parents and my wife don't!

8. TuiSong macrumors regular

This would be great, I bought my daughter and myself iPhones recently because she is moving to Australia to work and I wanted to be able to keep in touch easily. Neither of us will have access to unlimited data plans and both of us will be wanting to send quick pictures to each other while we are yapping via iMessage. Aside from the actual bandwidth it chews through, the time it takes to send a bigger pic is annoying and interrupts the flow of conversation too

9. Mliii macrumors 65816

Mliii

I think it's a feature that should be added because the days of unlimited messaging are probably numbered.