iMessage search stopped working iOS 8.0.2

MacintoshMan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2006
Ever since I've upgraded to iOS 8 iMessage's search functionality is completely broken. It returns no results when I search for either a person or exact words of a conversation.

The only thing I haven't tried to remedy the situation is a total restore, which I am trying to avoid.

Is anyone else having this problem? I guess we can just ad this to the list of other iOS 8 problems.

rorschach

macrumors 68020
Jul 27, 2003
Ever since I've upgraded to iOS 8 iMessage's search functionality is completely broken. It returns no results when I search for either a person or exact words of a conversation.

The only thing I haven't tried to remedy the situation is a total restore, which I am trying to avoid.

Is anyone else having this problem? I guess we can just ad this to the list of other iOS 8 problems.
It's never, ever worked for me from the day they added message searching/Spotlight (iOS 4).

EJ8

Suspended
Oct 13, 2010
It's very hit or miss. Mostly miss. But that isn't new to iOS 8.

scottish

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2011
Guess
Yes, I've noticed this. Always found the search function a bit useless as it doesn't open the thread at the message you have searched for.

brent12

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2013
It still kinda works but...

The search still works but ONLY on what has transpired since the update. For me it won't find a person but then if text them it will then be able to find them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.