Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mbaker23

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2013
Hello. I recently upgraded my iPhone 5 to iOS 7, and since then my iMessages are being sent from a strange phone number that isn't mine. I've never had this problem in the past. My actual phone number won't show up as an option in the "Send & Receive" list for Messages. I have Sprint as my carrier if that makes a difference. Thank you for any help in this matter.

-Mitch

atrainR

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2013
Mitch, I have the same exact problem! I also have Sprint and soon after I upgraded to iOS 7, my iMessages have been sent thru a weird number which I found to be the last 7 digits of my ICCID number(settings>general>about). This is very strange, I even called sprint so they could give me help and the just forwarded me to Apple which ended up ending my call without me speaking to anyone...such a mess, any luck yet??

jdaniel

macrumors 65816
Mar 21, 2009
Lviv, Ukraine
is sprint cdma? just disable imessage, re-set network settings.. hard reset the phone then enable again and see if it fixes it. thats the usual trouble shooting..

mbaker23

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2013
Thank you so much for responding, but I'm still having no luck! I tried re-setting my network settings with a hard re-set of my phone, and my iMessage still wants to send from that strange number. (**I think you might be right atrainR, it does seem to be part of my ICCID number.)

Also, from what I understand, Sprint is cdma. Anymore advice? :confused:

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Turn iMessage off

Reboot phone

Turn iMessage on (wait for it to validate)

Check send receive settings

mbaker23

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2013
Turning off iMessage and re-setting my phone isn't working. My phone number still won't even show up as an option.

securedownload

(That second blacked-out row is my email address.)

atrainR

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2013
Honestly, looks like we might have gotten a glitch in the update or just defected phones...my insurance replaces it for free so I'm thinking that getting a new phone is my only option.

mbaker23

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2013
I did a complete restore of my phone, and it fixed the problem! Thank you so much for all the help :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.