Resolved iMessage sending text but not photos

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Mr_Brightside_@, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

Hi all,

I was having an issue today where I realized that I could send text to my iMessage contacts, but photos wouldn't be delivered (though they said they were).

Did some Googling around and it turned out that my beta of TypeStatus was the culprit. It took awhile to find the cause of the issue so I just wanted to post this for others.

2. redbeard331 macrumors 6502a

redbeard331

I've had this problem for 2 weeks now and cannot find a fix, tried everything I could think of, and I do not have TypeStatus installed..

3. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

I have found that at the office our net admins have found a way to block picture iMessages. My workaround for now is to send as text...

4. dc52nv macrumors member

I've also had this problem for weeks now and it happens when I'm on wifi or cellular network. I also don't have TypeStatus installed.

5. Mr_Brightside_@ thread starter macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

Do you have any other Messages tweaks installed?

6. dc52nv macrumors member

No I do not.

7. eelw macrumors 6502a

eelw

Well I've had typestatus installed for months now, never had issues with sending pics via iMessage

8. redbeard331 macrumors 6502a

redbeard331

Well I fixed it, decided to upgrade to 7.06 and re jailbreak to see if it fixed the problem and it did. So I installed one tweak at a time and tested MMS after each one and wasn't able to re-create the problem. I do use Couria so I thought that was the problem but I had deleted it and it didn't make a difference, using it now with no issues.

9. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Good to know for those that have said tweak installed. I do recommend you change the title of the thread :)

10. dc52nv macrumors member

I was hoping the 7.0.6 update would also fix my problem but no luck. I restored from a backup however instead of a new phone so I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

11. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

Restoring as new would probably fix the problem

12. dc52nv macrumors member

I was afraid of that. I'll try it tomorrow. Thanks.

13. dc52nv macrumors member

Installed BiteSMS 8 today and it solved my problem. :)

14. redbeard331 macrumors 6502a

redbeard331

Weird, unfortunately the problem returned for me last night, can't figure out why, deleted all new tweaks, no luck. This is really strange, never had this kind of problem on any other OS version..:confused:

15. Silver Sun macrumors newbie

I have the same issue.

I have previously installed TypeStatus but this is now removed, i also have Couria installed.

Really want this fixed!

16. Silver Sun macrumors newbie

I've found that removing Type Status, re-boot, and then remove couria, then re-installing couria fixed my issue.

17. redbeard331 macrumors 6502a

redbeard331

Odd, I tried removing Couria earlier today, didn't fix it. Last week I thought it was a carrier problem and had AT&T try pretty much everything and they couldn't fix it on their end. Really wish we could figure exactly what's causing this problem..