imessage sending wrong text

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DiokUnlocks, Mar 7, 2016.

1. DiokUnlocks macrumors 6502

DiokUnlocks

ok so long story short. my cousin send me a screenshot of a text that i supposedly sent her. but on my end was no such text. has anyone experience this. my carrier is t-mobile. i dont have sreenshot as i deleted message thread. this is so wierd

2. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

Your thread title is confusing....
    Did you send a text to your cousin, but your cousin received something different?
    Or, your cousin claims to have received a text from you, but you sent nothing?

3. DiokUnlocks thread starter macrumors 6502

DiokUnlocks

i sent her text a hour earlier and like 30 minutes after she has a text from me that i did not sent.

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

5. iThingsGurl macrumors 6502a

iThingsGurl

So did she receive the text you sent as well as the text you did not send?

6. DiokUnlocks thread starter macrumors 6502

DiokUnlocks

i send her a message prior to that.. then she received a message saying "preparado" which i didnt send. i have included a screenshot she send me. i marked a red dot next to the text she received from me but i didnt type.

Attached Files:

7. iThingsGurl macrumors 6502a

iThingsGurl

There are instances of similar occurrences in the thread rightly quoted by C DM above (Although I don't believe most of the posts on that particular thread):
    In your case however, is it possible that someone else had your phone for a while? Or was the string "preparado" copied to your clipboard already and you weren't aware of? Lastly, is it possible your phone was tapped unintentionally, say when in your pocket, and the autocorrect feature did the rest? I see the Spanish keyboard is turned on so it would only take a "pre" and a space bar for the full word to appear; easier than we'd imagine.

8. DiokUnlocks thread starter macrumors 6502

DiokUnlocks

no one touches my phone so no.. was not copied to clipboard.. i left it charging while i took a shower when i came back i seen her text saying about the preparado remark. and the spanish keyboard is on hers not mines. the screenshot is from her end not mine. i only have english keyboard active. all of this is very weird. clearly it was a imessage sent and not through regular text. i change my apple id password and all

i dont know what to make of this at this moment.

9. iThingsGurl macrumors 6502a

iThingsGurl

In that case, your guess is as good as mine. I can tell you one thing though, your Apple ID has not been compromised. So you can stop worrying about that.

10. timeconsumer macrumors 65816

timeconsumer

From the image it's not clear that it was an iMessage sent. Just after that message (when she's replying) it shows that it goes back to iMessage.

This is very strange but it's good that you changed your password.