iMessage spotlight suggestions?

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by yomnym, Sep 19, 2016.

1. yomnym macrumors 6502

yomnym

Not sure if everyone is aware of this feature or if its something new for that matter. I just stumbled across this while messaging back and forth with a friend. He mentioned a restaurant and the name was automatically underlined in the message, this allowed me to click it and it took me directly to the maps application with all the restaurants information.

I did a little researching but couldn't find much except that this is supposed to work with movie names and a few other things.

My question, does anyone one know if this could be toggled "on" or "off", the reason i ask is because this friend of mine doesn't seem to have this feature. He's using 6+ and I;m on a 5s.

[​IMG]

2. yomnym thread starter macrumors 6502

yomnym

No one's tried this? Seems pretty darn awesome but it doesn't seem to be something you could turn off unless turning off spotlight suggestions altogether.

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

It used to be present for dates and things of that nature to help setup a calendar event for example. There was no way to disable that. This seems to expand that.

4. yomnym thread starter macrumors 6502

yomnym

I don't really want to disable it, i think its pretty cool but somehow my friend doesn't have this feature on his 6+.

Anyone have any insight on why this could be?