iMessage still down?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Xemi, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Xemi macrumors newbie

Hey all,
    I'm a little confused as my iPhone 5 is refusing to receive iMessages. I state specifically the iPhone because I can receive them perfectly find on my MacBook using the Messages app. The phone will send messages, it just wont receive them.

This all started when other people were having difficulties with iMessage over the weekend however when the apple website stated that it was down nothing would work for me, since the status page has been changed to everything being ok though, my phone just hasn't worked since.

I've tried deactivating/reactivating iMessage along with a hard reset.

The ONLY thing that worked temporarily was I wiped the phone and reinstalled a backup on Sunday 14th April, once the backup was installed everything was fine for about 5 hours and then it just stopped working and hasn't worked since :S

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

It was flaky yesterday in the UK....Sometimes it would send, sometimes not...I haven't tried it yet today though.

3. Xemi thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry should have said, I'm in the UK :)

And its not an issue with sending, my messages are sending fine and being received by the person I send it to. It's when they reply to me, it gets delivered to my laptop but not my phone.

For example I have a group message with 3 other people and for the past 2 days it was silent, this is extremely odd for the group message as it goes off constantly, so this morning I loaded my OS X partition, opened Messages and received like 30 messages that I hadn't got on the phone :(

4. sundog925, Apr 17, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2013

sundog925 macrumors 6502a

Mine hasn't worked all day today. In California on Verizon.

Update:
    Just switched on and off and it seems to be ok now. Weird.

5. Xemi thread starter macrumors newbie

Update:
    Its now decided its going to work, BUT only with one person? I can receive messages from a single friend but can't receive from group messages or any other person that I've tested it with (3 people in group message and my GF).

WTF is going on lol