iMessage stopped doing delay?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by JBaker122586, Mar 20, 2013.

1. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

So, ever since iOS 6 and ML, if I started a conversation with somebody on my computer, I would be alerted to a new message from them on my computer. If I didn't open iMessage to view it within about 10 seconds, then I'd be alerted on my phone.

Same with my iPad... etc. Wherever I started talking with somebody, the conversation would stay on that device without alerting other devices until I left and continued the conversation from a different device.

Now, no matter what device I'm using, I'm being alerted everywhere at the same time. I'll be trying to iMessage with somebody from my computer or iPad, and my phone buzzes like crazy with each new message.

This has been going on for about a month, and I thought maybe iOS 6.1.2 would solve it... no luck. And again no luck with 6.1.3.

I've tried turning off iMessage and then back on on each device...Nothing.
    Is anybody else experiencing this problem, or even know what I'm talking about? Does anybody have any suggested solutions?

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Isn't actually supposed to alert you everywhere at the same time (and the fact that it wasn't really doing that before might actually simply be because that was incorrect and was somehow addressed to the correct current behavior)?

3. waw74 macrumors 68030

from my experience, if iMessage (on the mac) is in front and has focus, the other devices won't ring.

If i have brought my browser back to the front, everything rings, but as soon as i bring it back to the front on the mac, the lock screen notification goes away on the phone.

4. JBaker122586 thread starter macrumors 65816

I don't know.
    All I know is that the way it was doing it before was MUCH better... Whether it was the intended behavior or not.