iMessage stopped to one person

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by minkeygirl, Jul 20, 2015.

1. minkeygirl macrumors newbie

Overnight, messages to one person who I message daily now is only SMS.

My iMessage works to other iPhone users and I know someone else who texts him is using iMessage.

His messages to me are SMS. I turned off SMS and it still uses SMS.

I have done everything short of restoring my phone. Wifi is fine. Time is fine. Settings are fine. Resetting phone and network did nothing. He's too dumb to change settings snd says they are fine.

What could have happened overnight? I'm using an iPhone 6 with version before the one with iWatch.

2. Coupz macrumors regular

You can't turn off sms. And if it's only this person, then his iMessage is broken. He should turn off and turn back on iMessage in settings.

3. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

4. stormchaser macrumors 6502

stormchaser

Sounds like he has the problem and not your phone.

5. minkeygirl thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm pretty sure it's his phone but he's on the other side of the country so not much I can do and he really is clueless on how to use his phone.

I've asked him to turn off SMS and he turns off MMS. I asked him what color his messages were and he says yours are grey. I just quietly slam my head into the wall.

I know he did something, what is the question. Thanks

6. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

All he needs to do is reset iMessage which is a case of turning it off waiting a few minutes then turning it back on.

7. minkeygirl thread starter macrumors newbie

I know. You'd think it would be that easy. I told him what to do and he didn't even know what the home button was. Not kidding.

I'll work on him.

8. minkeygirl thread starter macrumors newbie

Success! At 7 a.m it wasn't working. Now it is. Something so simple took 24 hours to accomplish. Whew.

Thanks for the help.