iMessage Stuck - Sending...

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by AbSoluTc, Jun 23, 2014.

1. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

So where the contact name should show in iMessage - it's showing/stuck at Sending.. even though it's not really stuck. Anyway to get rid of that? Tried restarting, nada. I don't want to delete the message thread. Not an option.

2. Kryckter macrumors 6502

Kryckter

7.1.1 ? :)

3. cschmelz macrumors 6502

I noticed the same thing.. My gut tells me this is a power saving bit of coding...Delays in updating email unread messages, sending vs sent iMessages all could contribute to increased battery life by letting the processor go to sleep.

4. Chiffs macrumors newbie

Hold your finger on the message until you get the option to send as a text. Get this quite often when the phones network coverage is poor.

5. AbSoluTc thread starter macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

It's not because a message is stuck or anything - it's just a bug that's annoying. It has gone away after another restart. I restarted because my cellular/network data stopped working. Nothing would go out. After a restart, everything is back to normal and my "sending..." message is now gone.

Phew. Lots of bugs in this one.

6. Kryckter macrumors 6502

Kryckter

I finally got this in my test device. Just one restart got it fixed for me. Hopefully it is fixed in the next version...

7. klamse25 macrumors 6502a

klamse25

8. AbSoluTc thread starter macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

Yes I am. I don't have any qualms using it either. I made a post to see if anyone else running iOS 8 experienced a similar issue and if they were able to fix it. Nothing more, nothing less.

9. klamse25 macrumors 6502a

klamse25

I respect your personal decision. I have used betas on a daily driver in the past. I was just being a buffoon. I hope your issue gets resolved.

10. jlocatell macrumors newbie

I've faced this issue from 7.1.1 now testing IOS8 b2. Turning on Airplane mode and turning it off lets you send the message doing a resend.

11. thegrants82 macrumors 65816

B2 is my daily driver and I am having a great experience with it.

12. darko2301 macrumors newbie

well if it is any comfort to you I was having those problems a few times a week even on ios7..