iMessage sync between iPhone and MacBook..

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Derek814, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Derek814 macrumors newbie

I can't seem to get my iMessage to sync between my iPhone 4S and my MacBook. Or i can't seem to get my iMessage to forward from my MacBook to my iPhone if I'm away. Anyone else having this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Newest software is installed on both devices.

2. i-John macrumors 6502a

i-John

Not sure what it could be.

Make sure that all devices are set to accept messages the same way. I've my devices to send and accept messages via my cell number.

3. chrisk1250 macrumors member

I had this issue forever and 10.8.2 solved everything so beautifully. iMessages finally works absolutely perfectly w/ my MBA and iPhone 4.

1. Go to Settings -> Messages -> Send & Receive
    Sign in w/ your Apple ID.
    Under where it says "You can be reached by iMessages at:" make sure your phone number and your Apple ID are both present.

2. Go to Messages on your computer and open preferences (Command ,)
    Your Apple ID should be the same as on your phone.
    If you've updated to the latest 10.8.2, you should also see your phone number listed along with your Apple ID under the "You can be reached for messages at:"

If it's not there try signing out of the account and signing in again. If you add an email on one device, you'll get a notification on the other saying that "_____'s MacBook pro has added _____@___.com" or something like that.

The same goes for FaceTime on the computer! Now if you add your number+Apple ID on both phone and computer, when you get a FaceTime call it will ring on both!

So excited about it finally working as advertised. I wish iCloud tabs would work as smoothly.

----------

This.

4. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Thanks! Mine wasn't showing my phone number on my iPad, toggling it off then on fixed it.

5. Derek814 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you very much! It's working perfectly now. My email address's weren't set up in my phone.