iMessage sync error since updating to iOS 9.3.3 and watch OS 2.2.2

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by stephen1108, Jul 29, 2016.

1. stephen1108 macrumors 65816

Hey guys, maybe y'all can help me out!

Ever since I updated my iPhone 6s to iOS 9.3.3 and my Apple Watch to watchOS 2.2.2, I've had this syncing error with my messages. Trying to explain in the most detail possible this is what happens:
    • When my phone is unlocked and my watch is being worn, messages will not only come to my phone, but also notify on my watch which is irregular behavior.
    • When I read messages on my phone, it won't mark that message thread as read on my watch. This causes entire threads to be shown when receiving a notification for individual conversations, when it should really only be showing the last message(s) received.

My friend who has a 6s+ and an Apple Watch, also recently updated his software and is experiencing the same annoyances. How should I go about rectifying the problem? I can't find anything online about these bugs :/

2. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I don't have either of those issues with 2.2.2/9.3.3. Try unpairing and repairing your watch. Try first with restoring from a backup, if that doesn't work, set the watch up as new.

3. macstever macrumors regular