Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iFoggy

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 26, 2011
Hi,

Since I have had my iPad Pro 11 iMessage sync in terms of deleting of messages across all my devices would not work on just that device, on my iPhone & Mac it works flawlessly.

I have tried everything to restoring it with a new IPSW version, signing in / out multiple times across all devices yet still when I delete an iMessage on my iPhone or Mac it remains on the iPad.

Any ideas?

Thanks

gigapocket1

macrumors 68020
Mar 15, 2009
Hi,

Since I have had my iPad Pro 11 iMessage sync in terms of deleting of messages across all my devices would not work on just that device, on my iPhone & Mac it works flawlessly.

I have tried everything to restoring it with a new IPSW version, signing in / out multiple times across all devices yet still when I delete an iMessage on my iPhone or Mac it remains on the iPad.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Double check and make sure you have iCloud messages turned on. On that device.
[doublepost=1550401531][/doublepost]
Double check and make sure you have iCloud messages turned on. On that device.

Also make sure you have your email addresses unchecked under messages > send and receive.

Reactions: ChaseSimon

archvile

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2007
iMessage sync works perfectly for me and I use an email address and phone number. Both get used and both seem to work/sync fine.

Yeah, having an email address selected shouldn’t matter. In fact, I could not get SMS relay working on my Mac without also having an email enabled, for some reason. That was during iOS 11/High Sierra days though, so it may have been a bug at the time.
[doublepost=1550426640][/doublepost]
Hi,

Any ideas?

Thanks

Messages in iCloud is disabled by default so check there first.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.