iMessage Syncing (iPhone and iPad)

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by A4orce84, Aug 14, 2014.

1. A4orce84, Aug 14, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2014

A4orce84 macrumors 6502

Hey Guys,

Maybe I don't understand iMessage syncing completely, but I recently bought an iPad and had a question. When I delete a few messages from my iPhone, I would expect them to also be deleted from my iPad, but it seems like that is not the case. The iMessage's that are deleted from my iPhone, are still on my iPad.

Is this normal? Or do I need to enable any extra syncing settings / option between devices?

Thanks,
    Asif

2. iolinux333 macrumors 68000

No one understands iMessage. Not even Apple. There is no more confusing topic of conversation on Earth than iMessage syncing. We are all, Apple included, hoping that Apple figures out what iMessage is supposed to do and how to make it do that in iOS 8.

3. A4orce84 thread starter macrumors 6502

So how is it working for most people? Can anyone give me just a summary of how iMessage syncing works then?

4. bushido Suspended

bushido

they dont get deleted on every device. what synches is the convos itself and that u get the message on all of your devices. once uve read it on one device the notification goes away on all of ur other devices (lockscreen for example)