iMessage uninstall issue

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by yomibro, Mar 21, 2012.

1. yomibro macrumors regular

So I decided to uninstall iMessage from my MacPro last night, system asked me to re-start which I did and now my system is in a endless chime reboot (I can't even see the grey screen). I've gone ahead and re-seated all my hardware in the system (no fault lights on the memory boards either) and it's not solving the problem, does this mean I have a corrupt OS?

Really hoping that it's not the main logic board that went...

2. TheAppleSource macrumors regular

TheAppleSource

Doesn't sound like you will have done anything to the logic board. More likely is that you've somehow corrupted the OS to some degree, so it won't boot properly. Have you tried resetting the PRAM, and if that doesn't work, maybe try resetting your SMC.

If it's still not working, post back here again.

3. yomibro thread starter macrumors regular

Did as suggested and get to the point where the gray screen appears, no Apple logo and then it repeats the chime over and over again. The second chime and onwards is a very short one, last like a second and then repeats.

4. TheAppleSource macrumors regular

TheAppleSource

Are you running Lion? If so, you might just have to try and restore your disk, which you should be able to do by holding down the option key when you boot up, and then booting into the restore partition.

While there, you could try and repair disk permissions from disk utility and see if that helps...you never know. Sometimes technology has a mind of its own, or at least it seems to.

5. yomibro thread starter macrumors regular

Before I decided to do the recovery in Lion I unplugged all my peripherals and it restarted fine so I am all set, that was kinda interesting to say the least. :confused: