iMessage very unstable on 4s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nafai23, Oct 14, 2011.

1. nafai23 macrumors regular

I had no problems with it on the 4 and now most of my messages are not going through and then two finally did and as they came through they erased the text history on the other persons phone of our conversation in the past and listed it as the first and only message on their phones.

Bizarre...

I will have to turn it off for now.

Anyone else?

2. Just-Jake macrumors newbie

Not the best.. Has a few bugs

Yeah! Same.. really pretty rubbish, sending a iMessage then not showing a delivered or read, then staying like that for ages.. then not sending sometimes... Sometimes it shows that i can only send text messages and not an iMessage to a user i was just having a conversation with previously. Both were easily able to talk to each other over Whatsapp perfectly fine at the same time (So it wasn't our internet connections), I think that making iMessage and Text Messages in the same app confuses itself.

3. Cheezewhiz macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

All of my iMessages are saying delivered, but no one is actually receiving them. However, if I send one to myself then I get it instantly. It was working perfectly on my iPhone 4. I have no idea what's going on.

4. mbhforum macrumors 6502a

I believe it's probably because Apple's servers are getting hammered today and am hoping it's just congestion. I had some issues earlier with messages not being received by recipients and it just stayed at Delivered on my end.

5. mainomega macrumors 6502

probably just a temp. issue as all their servers are getting hammered.

6. Cheezewhiz macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Could it be possible that it's only affecting new activations? IMessage was working perfectly on my iPhone 4 up until the point where I took my sim card out and then put it into the 4S. The phones are identical otherwise, as my 4S is restored from a backup of the 4.

7. mbhforum macrumors 6502a

I did the exact same thing as you. Everything seems better now though, but there is a period of about 35-40 mins where nothing worked right.

8. dave420 macrumors 65816

Well I doubt the use of iMessage is going to go down. It is only going to go up, unless people turn it off.
    Still waiting for my 4S, but I have had trouble with messages on my other devices. Messages not getting delivered, and the app crashing. I really hope to not lose my text history. That would annoy me.

9. ritmomundo macrumors 68000

ritmomundo

I don't have a 4S, just the iPhone 4, but a few times last night, I received blank text messages from myself. It started when a friend texted me (regular text, not iMessage), and I received 2 texts from myself at the same exact time (iMessage blue). Then it happened again randomly throughout the night til I rebooted this morning. Hasn't happened since, but very strange.

10. mbhforum macrumors 6502a

Probably not so much iMessage, but other stuff such as activations, people backing up restoring to the cloud, people downloading ios5, etc.

11. ihonda macrumors 68000

ive been having a imessage convo with a buddy, neither one of us are having problems and hes still on beta 7!

12. maconservative macrumors regular

maconservative