Imessage

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by precator, Oct 5, 2011.

1. precator macrumors member

Will these messages be stored in the cloud? It would be cool if i can go on my computer and see all my messages if i do not have my iphone,etc.

2. SXR macrumors 6502a

SXR

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

4. frunkis54 macrumors 65816

frunkis54

they do backup to the cloud. not sure about reading them off the computer though.

5. precator thread starter macrumors member

Reason this would be useful for me because at work I do not really have cell phone service for the most part. If I could still text at work on the cloud website,etc. This would be great for me.

6. gofightlose macrumors member

gofightlose

Being able to text from the computer would be the single-most useful thing about the iPhone for me. I hope there is some integration with ichat, etc.

7. Gen macrumors 6502a

Gen

Use WiFi?

8. DJinTX macrumors 6502

It seems strange to me to have 3 separate apps (iChat, iMessage, and FaceTime). iChat and Facetime have overlap, as does iChat and iMessage. Seems like some unification needs to happen.

Currently iChat you have to configure for use (unless you use over a network on Bonjour), while both FaceTime and iMessage do not require setup, so maybe a separation is needed, but surely Apple can simplify a bit. It would make a lot of sense.