iMessage?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by matthewskyle, Oct 10, 2011.

1. matthewskyle, Oct 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2011

matthewskyle macrumors member

What was the point in it Apple? We now have to pay unlimited texting or none at all. If I'm going to have to buy unlimited since everyone obviously doesn't have an iPhone then I might as well just use SMS. I for one loved the idea, then AT&T had to render it useless. If your going to keep making phones, at least take that huge surplus of cash you have, and start your service. PLEASE! :)

2. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

I like iMessage for the international part of it. I have a few friends back in the States and it would be awesome to message them from my phone without having to worry about a separate app and hoping they are online.

3. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

I have a 250 message plan with Verizon. iMessage makes completely sense for me, so I use this for any friends with an iPad, iPod Touch, iPhone and for the rest of my friends I'll just use my 250 messages...

Seriously, what is this rant about? Are you really upset that Apple is trying to give you a free service?

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I dont think its Apple's fault that AT&T pulled that greedy move and only left unlimited texting as an option or pay per text.

5. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

Use google voice for text messages. Problem solved.

6. TomTomTuning macrumors regular

There are other devices besides the iPhone that will be using IOS5, at least at some point.
    iPod Touch and iPad eventually should be able to use iMessage.

7. matthewskyle thread starter macrumors member

I'm not blaming Apple. I'm simply stating that in a way, they had to have seen it coming. So why waste the time in making it?

8. adztaylor macrumors 68000

Just a guess...Apple doesn't make the software just to satisfy AT&T? They ship the phone internationally that come with a variety of text plans on a variety of carriers.

Please just use your brain for a second.

9. rkahl macrumors 65816

If you had a text messaging plan with AT&T before they changed to unlimited you should be fine because you are "Grandfathered" in, but if you didn't, I don't know what you are complaining about?

10. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

Ding Ding Ding! AT&T isn't the only carrier in the world. Lots of other carriers still have different text plans.

11. lgwells1 macrumors regular

lgwells1

12. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Blackberry did it too years ago with the BB messenger.
    How can they anticipate a crappy move like that by AT&T and not innovate their tech? And why should they worry about what AT&T would do? The iphone is sold worldwide on hundreds of different carriers.

13. kappaknight macrumors 68000

kappaknight

How is it a waste of time? Pulling power away from the carriers is never a waste of time especially considering the carriers will find new ways of raping you regardless of innovation or lack of it.

People that can't think different should not own smart phones, period.

14. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

Clearly you are short sighted. So one carrier only has a unlimited text message plan, and instantly Apple shouldn't make a cool FREE service for everyone? And as stated MULTIPLE times, it will be used on iPod Touches and iPads that DO NOT HAVE TEXTING AT ALL....

Seriously, you are off base dude. So it doesn't help you, but the rest of us (I have several family members with iPad's but no iphone's) we love it.

Some people's children...

15. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

What a crappy move by Blackberry! Not everyone has a stupid Blackberry phone, why does RIM have to put out a Blackberry Messenger? How are people with other phones supposed to get BBM's?

16. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

I'm happy. Will be another alternate to talk to some of my friends in the USA. :)

17. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

Now if they can only understand your thick British accent we're golden :D

18. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

Not if matthewskyle apparently has anything to do with it! He feels Apple should shut down the service and stop offering it. If he has no use for it, no one does! Short sighted SOB.