Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kjmff5

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 27, 2011
So this is weird. I added my phone number and email address to the iMessage part in the settings of my iPhone, but when people try and text to my email, it still gets sent as MMS, but when people text my phone number it goes as iMessage. Any thoughts on how to fix this?
Obviously people texting me are using iPhones, so thats not the issue(iOS 5). I can text other peoples' email address and that gets sent as iMessage to them.

njean777

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2009
Imessage stopped working for completely a week after using it, I would just wait until it is officially released.

yukio

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2008
what service is the email address on that you listed in iMessage?

and - if you go to iMessage-->Preferences-->Accounts are all of the addresses that you want to have accessible to iMessage listed in the "You can be reached for messages at" section?

check your iPhone's Messages settings and your Mac's iMessage settings and make sure that you are logging in with the same AppleID on both.

kjmff5

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 27, 2011
What do you mean what service? Gmail?
And all there right emails and phone numbers are in the "reach at this number"
And whats the Mac gotta do with this? I didn't install Messages Beta.

yukio

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2008
you're right - i treated your issue as if it was mine.

the trick that solved my issue was logging off of Messages on my phone (well, and all of my other gear too, which doesn't apply to you), shutting it off, turning it back on and then logging on again.

then, my routing went back to normal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.