Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 14, 2009
Anyone else having issues activating iMessage? I've tried reseting, restoring, dfu restore and still no luck. It's stuck at "waiting for activation" I can't even use my Apple ID for iMessage cause it will freeze when I try to sign in. I'll kill the app and then it'll give me a message saying it couldn't connect to the servers.

Spink10

Suspended
Nov 3, 2011
Oklahoma
iCloud services especially iMessage can be finicky. May need to sign out of all iCloud, iMessage, FaceTime on all iOS and OS X Devices and then resign them all in. I've had to do that twice. Once because it would not activate and another because I couldn't get text messages to forward to Mac.

Mac7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 14, 2009
iCloud services especially iMessage can be finicky. May need to sign out of all iCloud, iMessage, FaceTime on all iOS and OS X Devices and then resign them all in. I've had to do that twice. Once because it would not activate and another because I couldn't get text messages to forward to Mac.

Just tried signing out on my iOS and OS X devices and still no luck. It won't even let me activate iMessages with my phone number

Spink10

Suspended
Nov 3, 2011
Oklahoma
Did you specific go to all three iMessage, FaceTime, iCloud? Sign all devices out then begin to resign them all in? Sorry if this doesn't work.

Mac7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 14, 2009
Did you specific go to all three iMessage, FaceTime, iCloud? Sign all devices out then begin to resign them all in? Sorry if this doesn't work.

It helped a little bit, I'm able to sign in now with my Apple ID. Still waiting for activation tho

xeinix

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2015
Have had issues all night. Reset everything more times than I'd like to think about, no luck.

EDiTOR9

macrumors regular
May 27, 2012
South Bay, CA
Odd, I was setting up my wife's 6 Plus and I had the hardest time activating iCloud and iMessage in there. Finally got it to go through about an hour ago.

Mac7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 14, 2009
Randomly worked for me too. But if I remove my emails from send and receive then it'll go back to waiting for activation

goudok

macrumors regular
Aug 14, 2012
its a iOS 9 issue/bug. 3 phones on iOS 9 were doing the same. I left it on over night and they all activated at one point.
Not sure how long it took, but for sure over an hour.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.