iMessage

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mac7, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Mac7 macrumors 6502a

Mac7

Anyone else having issues activating iMessage? I've tried reseting, restoring, dfu restore and still no luck. It's stuck at "waiting for activation" I can't even use my Apple ID for iMessage cause it will freeze when I try to sign in. I'll kill the app and then it'll give me a message saying it couldn't connect to the servers.

2. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

iCloud services especially iMessage can be finicky. May need to sign out of all iCloud, iMessage, FaceTime on all iOS and OS X Devices and then resign them all in. I've had to do that twice. Once because it would not activate and another because I couldn't get text messages to forward to Mac.

3. Mac7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mac7

Just tried signing out on my iOS and OS X devices and still no luck. It won't even let me activate iMessages with my phone number

4. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

Did you specific go to all three iMessage, FaceTime, iCloud? Sign all devices out then begin to resign them all in? Sorry if this doesn't work.

5. Mac7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mac7

It helped a little bit, I'm able to sign in now with my Apple ID. Still waiting for activation tho

6. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

Maybe sign out them all and then reboot devices?

7. xeinix macrumors newbie

Have had issues all night. Reset everything more times than I'd like to think about, no luck.

8. EDiTOR9 macrumors regular

Odd, I was setting up my wife's 6 Plus and I had the hardest time activating iCloud and iMessage in there. Finally got it to go through about an hour ago.

9. mobutt macrumors 6502

It randomly started working hours later for me on Saturday. Be patient.

10. Mac7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mac7

Randomly worked for me too. But if I remove my emails from send and receive then it'll go back to waiting for activation

11. goudok macrumors member

its a iOS 9 issue/bug. 3 phones on iOS 9 were doing the same. I left it on over night and they all activated at one point.
    Not sure how long it took, but for sure over an hour.