iMessages apparently not consistently delivered across devices?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by krapidler, May 7, 2014.

1. krapidler macrumors newbie

Starting yesterday or maybe two days ago, iMessage has been acting up for me. For instance I send an iMessage on my iPhone (5s) but it does not say delivered (even though a message sent a few minutes earlier indicates delivered). Nonetheless the message pops up in iMessage on my iPad 2 and on my MBP, and they both say delivered. Both iDevices run the most recent version of iOS 7 and the MBP is on the most recent Mavericks.

I switched on/off iMessage on all three devices and rebooted them, but to no avail.

Any help? Thanks-

2. Zxxv macrumors 68040

It happens sometimes. Patients. It fixes itself.

3. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

WiFi or Cellular?

4. afsnyder macrumors 65816

I've known of this. It's to prevent multiple notifications at the same time. Unfortunately, it doesn't always do it 100% of the time.

5. coolio93 macrumors 6502

ive had this problem since I started using iMessage two years ago. Also, some of the iMessages people send me will show up on my mac but not on my iPhone. Then the person who is texting me will be like "answer the question!" and I have no clue what they are talking about until I later look at my mac and see that a particular message they sent me wasn't delivered to my iPhone but was delivered to my mac. I've tried everything to fix this problem without success

6. iolinux333 macrumors 68000

Interesting. Last night I was struggling to try to get my MBA to consistently get iMessages and gave up in frustration. I wonder why this hasn't been fixed?

7. InfiniteWill macrumors newbie

iMessage across multiple devices no longer working

I rather liked the ability to send an iMessage on my iPhone and continue the thread on my iPad Mini or MacBookPro. For the last month or so that feature seems to have gone MIA. I recently had to reset my iPhone 4 to fix a problematic proximity sensor (the one that shuts off the screen so that my face touching the screen doesn't cause the phone to dial). Since that time I have been constantly prompted to authenticate my iCloud Keychain using a code but I have no idea what that 4 digit security code is or where to find it.
    Is this what is causing the problem with iMessage? Further, how do I find out what my 4 digit code is and can I resend or reset it?

T.I.A.

Will