iMessages are turning off on their own...

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by thomamon, May 20, 2015.

1. thomamon macrumors 6502a

thomamon

Anyone have an idea of why iMessages would be turning off on their own? I recently got a new iPhone and restored it from back up, but it seems everyday when I wake up or I do not use the phone for a extended period of time I have to go into settings and turn on iMessage again.

Any idea what is going on?

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Do you have another device where the same Apple ID is being used? Perhaps it might be getting turned off there somehow?

Alternatively, might be worth resetting all settings and setting them up again and seeing if they stick after that.

3. I7guy macrumors G5

Meaning to try a try a clean restore without restoring from a backup?

4. thomamon thread starter macrumors 6502a

thomamon

I went with a clean install, which I did when I got my original iPhone 6+...

The weird thing is the phone is running better and even syncing much better then I have seen in like my last three phones.

5. finsfanscott macrumors newbie

Tmobile??
    I ask because on my AT&T iPhone 6, I never had this problem, I switched to Tmobile, and now I find iMessages occasionally turned off. I assumed it was because I was traveling internationally, but perhaps there is a setting somewhere that needs to be changed...

6. gewawd macrumors member

gewawd

iMessage keeped turning itself off for me in the past even before I had multiple Apple devices that connect to the same iCloud account. As per troubleshooting, I logged out of FaceTime & iMessage on every device that connects to the iCloud account then logged back in. It takes a lot of work, though.