iMessages between iPhone and iMac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by DRSAreBest, Jul 23, 2014.

1. DRSAreBest macrumors newbie

Hi everyone --

I have an iMac (using Mavericks) and an iPhone 5s. For a while, I was able to switch between devices to read my messages (iMessage). Now, what shows on one will not show on the other. I can't respond on the incorrect device nor can I read messages that were sent to me when they were sent to the other device.

I have a single cloud account that both devices use. Mail works fine. Sharing Safari bookmarks is fine. It's just the messages that are causing me trouble.

Has anyone else experienced this? What is the best fix so I can access messages on both devices?

TIA!

2. Sweetfeld28 macrumors 65816

Sweetfeld28

I would try signing out of iMessage from the accounts section in your Preferences, then back in on the device that it isn't working properly first.

3. DRSAreBest thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, but that didn't help. It's still only going to one device. I've signed out on both devices after just doing it on the iMac didn't seem to help.

The annoying thing is that it DID work for a while. Then it suddenly stopped. I think when we upgraded our OS to Mavericks (but I'm not sure of the timing).

4. DRSAreBest thread starter macrumors newbie

FIGURED OUT!!!!

Thanks for the help!

5. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

Well do share what you did then.