iMessages cutting off words?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Tipsy McStagger, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Tipsy McStagger macrumors member

Tipsy McStagger

Hi everybody. I text quite a bit from iMessages on osx 10.8.2 to my girlfriend's iphone 4s running iOS6. I also have a 4s running the same OS. My problem is that when I use iMessages on the computer it often (15-20 times per day out of maybe 60-70 messages total) cuts off the last few words of what I sent.

example: if I were to type "I am going home after I eat lunch today." It sent the following to her phone "I am going home after I eat"

Is this a well known glitch in iMessages or am I doing something wrong? We are both on AT&T on the same plan with unlimited messaging.

Thank you in advance for your help.

2. Can Inelli macrumors member

I have the exact same problem ! No idea what the problem is but it is annoying.

3. apb89 macrumors regular

I will be honest, I have been using iMessage on my mac and iPhone/iPad since beta on os x lion and I have never experienced this issue

4. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Calm down, look at the bright side. Someone, somewhere in the world will have to go to the emergency room this weekend to get something removed from their ass.

5. Mazzle macrumors newbie

The same thing happens to me all the time. It's not based on the length of the text since I've seen it happen with pretty short texts. If there were any other alternative solutions, this bug would certainly be a deal breaker.

In general, the messages app is extremely flaky. I don't always get all the messages on my various devices, nor are they always in the right order.