iMessages don't send, have to force as text messages

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sola77, Apr 30, 2015.

1. sola77 macrumors member

I have iMessage turned on, but I don't have carrier data because I'm almost always on wifi. I used to have carrier data and this all worked perfectly.

On wifi, I try to iMessage an iPad of someone who I know has their iMessage turned on, and the status bar loads almost to the very end and does not send and 5 minutes later I get the "Message Failed to Send" popup.

When not on wifi, texts attempt to go through as iMessages, but obviously don't and I have to force it through as an actual Text Message. Then when I do actually get within wifi, the messages I sent as texts, send AGAIN as iMessages.

It's infuriating :mad:

I have an iPhone 5 with latest iOS.

2. rockitdog macrumors 68020

I used to work at a job where imessage pics/video wouldn't come through due to wifi network setup/ restrictions so my wife always had to send pics through as MMS instead of iMessages. Sounds like that is the case for either you or your friend.

3. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Have had the same thing happen on my iPhone 6. I believe it has to do with the strength of the wifi you are using or as already stated network setup/restrictions. Mind you it is only on the very rare occasion I have had it fail, but when it does, I consider the location I am at. Only ever happens when I am in a considerably bad location. Otherwise it never fails.