Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VinnyV

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 10, 2011
I have searched this but havent found a solution or its a different case.
My imessages and FaceTime is successfully tied to my phone number, but i just cant add my appleid or any other emails addresses like (@icloud). Keeps saying "the username or password for.....is incorrect". Im trying to sync between my rmbp running 10.8.2 with my ip5 running ios6.

My messages in mb already has my gmail and iCloud but no number, and my phone has only my number.

I tried restoring multiple times, off imessages /facetime, restart and switch it back on. tried reseting settings and all, tried with wifi, without wifi, and yes i am certain i typed my password and username correctly.

i even tried setting my number as an email address , but its just stuck on waiting to verify.

any help would be awesome thanks.

CB1234

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2012
Dubai, UAE
Where are you based ? Which country, I mean.

I am having similar problems and I am based in Dubai, UAE. FaceTime is blocked by the authorities here (crazy I know, but there you go..)

My iMessage and FaceTime were both working fine before I updated to iOS6.

If, like me, you are based in Middle East where FaceTime services are blocked (I suspect iMessages are blocked as well, but I am not sure), then you will keep on getting the error you mentioned. I had exactly the same problem.

I am blaming my local telecom provider for all the hassles I am having with iMessage and FaceTime. I hope I am right, and it is not APPLE who is stopping me signing onto iMessages and FaceTime.

The way around this problem for me, was to setup another Apple ID, from my home country, UK. I then used this Apple ID to sign in on iMessage, & FaceTime on MBP, and now everything is synced across my iPhone 4S, iPad 2 and MBP. Perhaps you may want to give it a go as well….

I hope this helps.

VinnyV

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 10, 2011
i am based in SEA (South East Asia) i dont recall any blocks such as these in my country however i will look into it! Thanks .

Any other suggestion or help would be great thanks!:D

CB1234

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2012
Dubai, UAE
i am based in SEA (South East Asia) i dont recall any blocks such as these in my country however i will look into it! Thanks .

Any other suggestion or help would be great thanks!:D

I just read on one of the other threads where they had a problem with iMessage reverting to SMS…

These people erased the contents and settings of the their iPhone and reinstalled it as a new phone. They didn't back up the iPhone from either iCloud or iTunes Account, but set it up as a new phone. They then signed into their iTunes, iCloud and App store account from within the iPhone and downloaded all the previously downloaded apps.

Once they had done all that, their iMessage was fixed.

I wonder if this will work for you……

If it does, can you post your experience back here…..

Good luck !!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.