iMessages fail to send if they include photos

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by 2IS, Apr 21, 2014.

1. 2IS macrumors 68030

So I've been having this issue with my iPhone were every imessage I attempt to send that has a photo, will fail to send. Failure rate is 100% so far. Only way to get them out is to send as text message. I've tried resetting network settings and power cycling the phone by holding home+lock keys, but no help. Messages will fail to send on wifi as well as LTE.

Any suggestions?

2. rgctx macrumors regular

Try this,

Go to Settings, Messages, sign OUT of iMessages.
    Turn off phone
    Turn on phone
    Go to Settings, Messages, sign IN to iMessages.

Who is your carrier ?

3. justinthesommer macrumors regular

justinthesommer

Happens to me when on wifi, but usually will work if on network. Otherwise just send it as a sms

4. 2IS thread starter macrumors 68030

AT&T

Just tried the above, photos still fail to send. :confused:

5. white4s Suspended

check to see if mms is enabled

general-messages-scroll down to mms messaging

6. kre62 macrumors 68000

This is definitely an issue, and is not caused by any settings. I also have ATT, and this has been happening since yesterday.

7. 2IS thread starter macrumors 68030

It's enabled

8. eelw macrumors 6502a

eelw

A month ago, I had the same issue occur on my jailbroken iPhone 5 on iOS6.1. Just stopped sending pics via imessage, even though they said they were delivered. Was like this for a couple of days. After that weekend, pics that I tried to send now said not delivered. Since I still could send pics on my iPhone 4 on iOS7, I didn't bother to really troubleshoot it. Oddly, like 10 days later, everything is working fine again. So if you've reset iMessage and network and settings. Next thing would be to backup and restore your iPhone. But maybe if you're patient, the issue (with I have to assume on Apple's end) will just resolve by itself like it did for me.

9. z06gal macrumors 6502

I have had this issue for 2 weeks now. I have to turn off wifi to send photos. I have reset network settings, etc but nothing helps. :confused:

10. DramaLLama macrumors 6502

IPhone 5s on Sprint here.. Same thin had happened to me in the past and it either stopped happening or I just haven't sent anything and noticed again.

11. kagharaht macrumors 6502a

Hard Reset on the receiving device usually fixes this. Otherwise, reset network setting.

12. ClemTiger0408 macrumors 6502

Bumping this. My whole family has this issue. We are on various networks. I personally am on AT&T but any time I try to send a iMessage photo it tells me it failed to send, but in reality the other person does receive it.

There are about 7 of us all with the same problem whether we send to a group or individuals. I've done a hard reset, network reset, etc.

13. 2IS thread starter macrumors 68030

Yeah, i've noticed the same. It says "not delivered" on my end but the person does receive the photo. Interestingly enough, i turned off LTE on my phone today because the area I was it had spotty LTE coverage and it was causing issues for me, I sent a couple photos to a couple different people with LTE switched to OFF and I got a proper delivery confirmation. I've since switched LTE back on but have not tried to send another photo.

14. richwoodrocket macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket

Sometimes this happens to me when I have very poor reception but am on wifi.

15. savigny macrumors newbie

This started happening to me yesterday. Photos hang indefinitely on sending. Using wifi.

16. Prospekt macrumors regular

This has been happening to all of our phones since the 7.1.1 update. AT&T. Don't know if it's related but it sure is annoying

17. richwoodrocket macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket

iMessages fail to send if they include photos

Yeah this also happens to me. Pretty annoying if you send multiple pics and dot know which one is not sending and you have to go and delete all of them to clear the sending.
    I'm on AT&T too.

18. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

I had same problem with another iPhone friend 2 weeks ago. I thought it was for temporary problem and I sent a photo to my friend with Samsung Note 2, it worked just fine. :apple:

19. 2IS thread starter macrumors 68030

Thanks Captain Obvious. We're talking about iMessage which is limited to Apple > Apple communication. ;)

20. 2IS thread starter macrumors 68030

Interestingly enough... iMessage appears to be working normally now. Just sent a photo via wifi successfully.

21. 1stalban macrumors member

I continue to have this issue after trying all the recommended fixes. Has anyone stumbled across a solution by chance?

22. KdParker macrumors 601

KdParker

Must be an ATT thing then. I have not had this issue ever with Verizon.

23. jayes macrumors regular

I'm on Verizon and have the same issue so it does not sound like it's limited to AT&T. I can't tell if people are getting my photos, but the send line across the top hangs. I delete the pic and the line disappears. I will have to check to see if they are actually going through. I will also pay closer attention to whether being on Wifi or LTE makes a difference. I have an iPhone 5 running 7.1.1.

24. jredecop macrumors 6502a

25. bgro macrumors 6502a