iMessages fail to send if they include photos

2IS

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 9, 2011
So I've been having this issue with my iPhone were every imessage I attempt to send that has a photo, will fail to send. Failure rate is 100% so far. Only way to get them out is to send as text message. I've tried resetting network settings and power cycling the phone by holding home+lock keys, but no help. Messages will fail to send on wifi as well as LTE.

Any suggestions?

rgctx

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2012
Try this,

Go to Settings, Messages, sign OUT of iMessages.
Turn off phone
Turn on phone
Go to Settings, Messages, sign IN to iMessages.

Who is your carrier ?

2IS

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 9, 2011
Try this,

Go to Settings, Messages, sign OUT of iMessages.
Turn off phone
Turn on phone
Go to Settings, Messages, sign IN to iMessages.

Who is your carrier ?
AT&T

Just tried the above, photos still fail to send. :confused:

kre62

macrumors 68020
Jul 12, 2010
This is definitely an issue, and is not caused by any settings. I also have ATT, and this has been happening since yesterday.

eelw

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2012
A month ago, I had the same issue occur on my jailbroken iPhone 5 on iOS6.1. Just stopped sending pics via imessage, even though they said they were delivered. Was like this for a couple of days. After that weekend, pics that I tried to send now said not delivered. Since I still could send pics on my iPhone 4 on iOS7, I didn't bother to really troubleshoot it. Oddly, like 10 days later, everything is working fine again. So if you've reset iMessage and network and settings. Next thing would be to backup and restore your iPhone. But maybe if you're patient, the issue (with I have to assume on Apple's end) will just resolve by itself like it did for me.

z06gal

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2011
I have had this issue for 2 weeks now. I have to turn off wifi to send photos. I have reset network settings, etc but nothing helps. :confused:

DramaLLama

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2011
IPhone 5s on Sprint here.. Same thin had happened to me in the past and it either stopped happening or I just haven't sent anything and noticed again.

ClemTiger0408

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2007
Bumping this. My whole family has this issue. We are on various networks. I personally am on AT&T but any time I try to send a iMessage photo it tells me it failed to send, but in reality the other person does receive it.

There are about 7 of us all with the same problem whether we send to a group or individuals. I've done a hard reset, network reset, etc.

2IS

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 9, 2011
Bumping this. My whole family has this issue. We are on various networks. I personally am on AT&T but any time I try to send a iMessage photo it tells me it failed to send, but in reality the other person does receive it.

There are about 7 of us all with the same problem whether we send to a group or individuals. I've done a hard reset, network reset, etc.
Yeah, i've noticed the same. It says "not delivered" on my end but the person does receive the photo. Interestingly enough, i turned off LTE on my phone today because the area I was it had spotty LTE coverage and it was causing issues for me, I sent a couple photos to a couple different people with LTE switched to OFF and I got a proper delivery confirmation. I've since switched LTE back on but have not tried to send another photo.

Prospekt

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2009
This has been happening to all of our phones since the 7.1.1 update. AT&T. Don't know if it's related but it sure is annoying

richwoodrocket

macrumors 68020
Apr 7, 2014
Buffalo, NY
iMessages fail to send if they include photos

This started happening to me yesterday. Photos hang indefinitely on sending. Using wifi.

Yeah this also happens to me. Pretty annoying if you send multiple pics and dot know which one is not sending and you have to go and delete all of them to clear the sending.
I'm on AT&T too.

Badrottie

Suspended
May 8, 2011
Los Angeles
I had same problem with another iPhone friend 2 weeks ago. I thought it was for temporary problem and I sent a photo to my friend with Samsung Note 2, it worked just fine. :apple:

2IS

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 9, 2011
I had same problem with another iPhone friend 2 weeks ago. I thought it was for temporary problem and I sent a photo to my friend with Samsung Note 2, it worked just fine. :apple:
Thanks Captain Obvious. We're talking about iMessage which is limited to Apple > Apple communication. ;)

2IS

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 9, 2011
Interestingly enough... iMessage appears to be working normally now. Just sent a photo via wifi successfully.

1stalban

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2008
I continue to have this issue after trying all the recommended fixes. Has anyone stumbled across a solution by chance?

jayes

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2011
Must be an ATT thing then. I have not had this issue ever with Verizon.
I'm on Verizon and have the same issue so it does not sound like it's limited to AT&T. I can't tell if people are getting my photos, but the send line across the top hangs. I delete the pic and the line disappears. I will have to check to see if they are actually going through. I will also pay closer attention to whether being on Wifi or LTE makes a difference. I have an iPhone 5 running 7.1.1.