iMessages not working after switching to LTE

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by wa2be, Nov 23, 2016.

1. wa2be macrumors newbie

iPhone 7 running iOS 10.1.1. While at work my phone is connected to my company's wifi and I have no issues with sending or receiving iMessages. When I leave the building and my phone switches over to LTE I am no longer able to send or receive iMessages unless I restart my phone. This happened all the time on my previous phone (iPhone 5s) as well, so I'm thinking it has something to do with my company's wifi? Any ideas on what could be causing this or how to fix it other than restarting the phone?

2. gigapocket1 macrumors 6502a

Do you have the same problem when you go from any other wifi network to lte?

3. wa2be thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope. When I leave my home wifi and connect over to LTE everything works fine.

4. gigapocket1 macrumors 6502a

That is very weird. I would try resetting network settings. Hopefully that would fix it. Or you may have to abruptly turn off your wifi before you leave the building instead of letting it get out of range.. using control center or wifi under settings.

5. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Edit again:

Mail and everything else works OK?

6. DarkSorrow82 macrumors regular

DarkSorrow82

Does your work WiFI use proxies? This is very strange. I haven't seen this myself personally.

7. wa2be thread starter macrumors newbie

I have no idea what proxies are, so I can't really answer that. The only fix I've found is to manually shut off wi-fi before I leave the building, then turn it back on when I get home. If I forget to do that, I am not able to send or receive iMessages once it automatically switches over to LTE when I leave the building. Internet connection still works fine, so I can receive emails just fine. It's just the iMessage app that gets messed up when the phone switches to LTE.

8. DJLAXL macrumors 6502

DJLAXL

Im having a heck of a time with my Messages for the last two days as well. iMessage deactivates so it tries to send as text, then switches back to iMessage and some aren't even going through. Getting a lot of Not Delivereds. Never had this happen before. Switched back to 10.1.1 from 10.2.1, and Reset All Settings to alleviate the Notification Bug. iCloud Music also isn't working for me anymore.

9. MacKid1983 macrumors 6502

MacKid1983

Same here.... DOwngraded to 10.1.1 from 10.2 yesterday to prepare for JB.