iMessages say not delivered but they're received.

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by onirocdarb, Jan 6, 2014.

1. onirocdarb macrumors regular

For the past few hours all iMessages i have sent have said "Not Delivered". Despite this all recipients have received them. I'm not sure whats wrong, it happened all of a sudden and after retrying messages multiple times they have said that they're receiving everything i sent.
    The messages are also not syncing, I can have a conversation on my ipad and those messages will only show up on that device. When i message the same person from my phone or laptop i wont see the previous conversation.
    I've reset my network settings, turned iMessage off and on, and re signed in to my icloud account but nothing has changed.

2. bradbomb macrumors 6502

bradbomb

I had a friend that had this issue when imessaging anyone from their iPhone. I ended up checking his iPad and it wasn't syncing the messages. I fixed it by signing out of the Apple ID in Facetime and Messages and back in on both devices.

3. onirocdarb thread starter macrumors regular

Just tried that and they still say not delivered. Should I go for a full restore?

4. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Not yet. Try to hold the home button and the sleep button at the same time until you see the apple logo. Do this on all your devices.

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

6. onirocdarb thread starter macrumors regular

It didn't seem like they had a solution. The one article the guy posted didn't help either.
    Just tried using my phone on 4g not wifi and no change

7. thirdeyeopen666 macrumors 6502

thirdeyeopen666

There is no reason to *ever* do this unless the phone is frozen. Shut the phone down normally, by holding the sleep/wake button until the power slider appears.

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

Some have pointed out before that for one reason or another the two don't quite do the same thing as far as restarting/resetting everything.

9. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

This has fixed so many things for me and my friends. It's like magic.

10. thirdeyeopen666 macrumors 6502

thirdeyeopen666

Yeah... like pulling the plug on your computer, rather than shutting it down. It isn't a good idea. You can resolve the same issues, but shutting it down properly.

11. C DM macrumors Westmere

As I mentioned, in a few discussions about this in various threads before, some people have pointed out that shutting down and powering up wouldn't resolve something for them while a reset would. So it seems like there can be a difference at least sometimes.

As for the whole "pulling the plug" comparison, I'd be interested in seeing any actual real information out there showing actual damage or negative consequences from doing this reset to an iOS device--don't think in all the years there has been anything attributed to it despite tons of people doing it many many times over the years.

Realistically a battery pull would be even worse (and even that's not the same as the reset on an iOS device) and plenty of people have been doing it for years with many different phones as well without much negative being attributed to that practice.

Sure, theoretically it sounds like a sound statement on the surface at least, but doesn't seem like it has really held up in practice/reality, which is the main thing that matters.