iMessages Set Up

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by saberahul, Oct 5, 2011.

1. saberahul, Oct 5, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2011

saberahul macrumors 68040

I'm eagerly confused... I have an 3 iPads (let's only consider 1 for now), 3 iPhones (again, let's only consider 1 for now) and 1 iPod Touch.

On ALL my devices - I have the same iTunes account. I am having trouble setting up iMessages on my iPod Touch and iPhone as I am constantly presented with the error that:
    1. The email is already being used as another iTunes account email (Okay, understandable
    2. Unable to verify @me email address created using iCloud setting in Mail under Settings. This is where I am confused... I made one such as x@me.com - but when I input that for an email in iMessages - it doesn't allow me.

Any clue on how I can go about setting it up such that each device (or at least the iPhone and the iPod Touch) can get their own addresses? Is this a GM bug or am I just doing it wrong?

Edit:
    So I just made a new yahoo and verified that as the iMessages email. I still don't understand why it wouldn't let me use a @me.com address.

2. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

I think they're getting ready for the transition to iCloud...mobileMe is a little off today. My email app keeps telling me my password is wrong and I need to reenter it, even though I went on me.com and logged in to make sure it was right

...strange