Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Turnpike

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 2, 2011
New York City!
I keep reading all these articles about this feature coming, but both my phones are updated to ios 11 and the messages still aren't syncing. Or does it mean only going forward they will sync? Or is the feature not active yet?

What am I missing? Anyone understand what's coming or if it's here and I'm doing something wrong, please let me know. Thanks!

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
They are not completely synced yet. Right now if you start an iMessage the entire conversation is synced through any device that is on your iMessage account but, if you delete it on one device it won’t delete the conversation on the other devices. When they get the iCloud sync going later in iOS 11 whatever you do on one device will sync to the other devices automatically

Turnpike

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 2, 2011
New York City!
Do you think old messages will sync too? Like you can merge messages that were started on a new phone with my old phone's messages?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I keep reading all these articles about this feature coming, but both my phones are updated to ios 11 and the messages still aren't syncing. Or does it mean only going forward they will sync? Or is the feature not active yet?

What am I missing? Anyone understand what's coming or if it's here and I'm doing something wrong, please let me know. Thanks!
Is iCloud iMessage coming soon?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.