Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zangoose

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 26, 2008
United Kingdom
I tried using the Disk Utility but it won't let me burn it etc. It comes up as;

35ks6tt.png

Is there any Application I could use to burn them to discs? I did google search and on this forum but they are went to Disk Utility.

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
.img.... isn't a disc image file.

To burn a cd with an image file, right click, new burn folder, drag the file to the folder, open the burn folder, burn disk.

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA

Not true. Apple's Disk Copy used .img as the extension for disc image files since System 6, if not before then. It remained Apple's extension for disc image files until well after the release of MacOS X when it was superseded by .dmg.

That said, .img has been used by many other developers for many other things. I have seen it used by a scanning electron microscope as the extension for its digital micrograph files. (I presume that the SEM saves micrographs in the GEM bit image format.) The takeaway message is that the meaning of .img is determined by the source of the file. If you don't know where your file came from, then you can flail around forever trying to figure it out.

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
Not true. Apple's Disk Copy used .img as the extension for disc image files since System 6, if not before then. It remained Apple's extension for disc image files until well after the release of MacOS X when it was superseded by .dmg.

That said, .img has been used by many other developers for many other things. I have seen it used by a scanning electron microscope as the extension for its digital micrograph files. (I presume that the SEM saves micrographs in the GEM bit image format.) The takeaway message is that the meaning of .img is determined by the source of the file. If you don't know where your file came from, then you can flail around forever trying to figure it out.

wow I feel dumb, I totally knew that. For some reason I read it as .img, prolly means image, jpg is an image file. jpegs aren't disc image files!

In my defense I'm on a lot of drugs, I got my tonsils out!

Zangoose

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 26, 2008
United Kingdom

To burn a cd with an image file, right click, new burn folder, drag the file to the folder, open the burn folder, burn disk.

Thank you, never thought of doing it like that! :) Oh well, its true what they say "You learn something new everyday"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.