Imgburn Errors with IHAS124B "No media present" and "No reference position"

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by willryan42, Jan 13, 2012.

1. willryan42 macrumors regular

Hey guys. I recently bought a Lite-On IHAS124B burner and an external enclosure to connect to my computer through USB. Everything hooks up fine, computer recognizes it, and drivers get installed fine. ImgBurn recognizes the drive, but I was getting the "Device not ready - no media present - tray closed" error for a while. I've tried with blank verbatim DL, blank dvd-r, and blank cd-r with the same results. I've tried with multiple computers, and even a different usb to sata adapter to see if the enclosure was to blame. Same results.

Now I'm getting a "device not ready (no reference position found)" error. I even tried using my friends IHAS124 (purchased when I got mine) to see if the drive was the problem but I was getting the same errors with that drive as well. It seems like the drive doesn't know that there is a disc in it.

What could the problem be? I find it hard to believe that both of these drives could be to blame...

Here's my log (although nothing really looks suspicious to me...), let me know if I need to give any other information. Thanks!

2. smirk macrumors 6502a

smirk

Are you running ImgBurn in Boot Camp or VMWare or something? If it's in VMWare or Parallels, are those applications configured to pass control of the drive to the virtual machine?

3. willryan42 thread starter macrumors regular

I've tried running it in Parallels, Boot camp, and two different PC's. Same errors on all of them.

4. smirk macrumors 6502a

smirk

Sorry, I didn't notice that you had tried the drive on different computers, as well as tried your friend's drive.

Perhaps ImgBurn doesn't support that drive. Have you tried other software?

5. willryan42 thread starter macrumors regular

I tried it on my mac with disk utility and it says "waiting for disc to be inserted," similar error...

6. emospaces macrumors newbie

Hello,

I take note with interest your post.
    I have exactly the same problem with the same hardware.

Could you solve it?

Thank you!