imic noise with guitar. Will griffin guitar lead help?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by sadsapp, Dec 5, 2008.

1. sadsapp macrumors newbie

Hi

I spent ages trying to get my guitar to work through an imic on garageband on my powerbook G4. All i got was an extremely faint, fragile signal and very high interference noise level. I used a normal guitar lead, plugged into a jack adapter, plugged into the imic with the switch on the imic set to mic. There was no signal when the switch was set to line.

Finally, I realised it sounded much better without the imic, just plugged straight in to the powerbook. There is still noise but it sounds much, much better.

Do I need the griffin garageband guitar lead to use the imic without interference? Or is there just something wrong with my imic?

2. seb-opp macrumors 6502

get a line6 pod studio instead, sound will be much better, has awesome amp modelling. I have the previous gen (called tone port) and it makes great sounding recordings easy. Check out their website

3. sadsapp thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. Splashed out on an Apogee Duet before reading your reply though. Hoping that will solve the problem. Worryingly, I have just been reading a thread on apple forums where someone was complaining about a similar interference problem with their duet. Really hope its not just a cable issue now.