Imitation the sincerest form of flattery -mini Mac Pro

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by nuckinfutz, May 31, 2012.

1. nuckinfutz macrumors 603

nuckinfutz

Isn't this adorable!

[​IMG]

Wonder if I can make a little Hackintosh out of this. Even if I don't I may build a simple Windows/Ubuntu boxen

Source:

2. nuckinfutz thread starter macrumors 603

nuckinfutz

3. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Except of course that the mobo is no longer available anywhere. Is there another Gigabyte alternative?

B

4. gumblecosby macrumors 6502

5. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

6. davidg4781 macrumors 68020

That's actually not bad looking. I've been looking for a decent looking PC case for my mom's PC and I can't stand the look of them. They're way too big and flashy.

7. Macman45 macrumors G5

Macman45

I like the case...Indeed it has elements of Apple about it, and yes you could make a very nice Hackintosh in that cute box. Been thinking of doing similar for a neighbour who can't afford a Mac, but wants to try OSX. Might get one of these as a starting point...Non of his current PC stuff is compatible with any Hackintosh installations I have found.

8. gumblecosby macrumors 6502

Maybe, but when it comes to hackintosh-ing, beggars cant be choosers regarding the feature set of the board. If I was buying a new board, I would choose compatibility over brand. The features included would be a bonus. That mentality was probably ingrained in me due to the limited hardware options available during the Tiger osx86 days.

The board I linked, I would still do more research on it before I would choose it. It is featured in this guide here so it sounds promising: http://lifehacker.com/5841604/the-always-up+to+date-guide-to-building-a-hackintosh

9. nuckinfutz thread starter macrumors 603

nuckinfutz