Immanent updates to MBP... Will we see Blu-Ray?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iBunny, Jan 7, 2008.

1. iBunny macrumors 65816

Everyone knows the MBP will probably be updated with Peryn. Great.

Whatever.

The real question is, do you think that we will finally see a blu-ray player/writer? They do make thin ones for Laptops.... even as a BTO option? That would be good enough because im sure its much expensive.

PS. I dont think Mac's currently support Blu-Ray playback, but im sure with a nice update say.... 10.5.2 that all may change.

What are your thoughts. I dont like to speculate about future products, however I think with Apple, the company they are should be heavily involved with HD and digital medial... which means Blu-Ray.

2. CRAZYBUBBA macrumors 65816

CRAZYBUBBA

Blu-ray is still expensive tech. I don't expect it at this time. But yes, sometime in the future macs will adopt blu-ray.

3. Engage macrumors newbie

Are you serious? why does everyone have such low standards for apple computers? You can get blu-ray drives on any dell as a bto option for 160 bucks... and they've had them for a long time. Honestly, in apple's advertisements they talk of some serious game when they sell mediocre hardware at ridiculous prices.

4. macjonny1 macrumors 6502a

macjonny1

If they did offer it, is that generally something that older MBPs (at least the last gen with the HDCP compliant video card) could be retrofitted at by taking it into an apple store?

5. CRAZYBUBBA macrumors 65816

CRAZYBUBBA

there is no real precedent for this, but it is not impossible if they keep the same design.