Immediate restart--very weird

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by I'mAMac, Dec 3, 2008.

1. I'mAMac macrumors 6502a

I'mAMac

I came home and turned on my computer to the windows HD only to experience a restart after about 30 seconds. This happened 3 times in a row for no apparent reason. I'm not sure if it's a virus or what but I can't try to fix it because I can't stay on windows for more than 30 seconds if that. One thing that I do notice though, is that as soon as I get to the desktop, there is a message that flashes so fast it's impossible to read. It's probably up for not even a tenth of a second but I see a flash of a small error message-sized gray box and then it's gone. No idea what that means either. Any help is greatly appreciated.:confused:

2. 123121212 macrumors newbie

About 30 seconds?

3. The Flashing Fi macrumors 6502a

Probably a BSOD and you never set Windows to NOT restart when a BSOD occurs. It's something I really wish MS had never created this option, as it helps nobody.

Try hitting F8 (repeatedly) as it's booting into Windows. You should have a prompt with several options. Select "Safe Mode."

Please post back if you are able to get into Windows that way.