Immediately auto-import SD Card content when inserted

Discussion in 'macOS' started by yanathin, Jun 6, 2017.

1. yanathin macrumors member

I'm looking for a way to speed up my importing process. I have an SD card dedicated to my camera, and all photos are in the DCIM folder on the SD card. What I'd like to do is automatically import all new content to a folder on my Mac as soon as the SD card has been inserted. For bonus points, I'd like to also delete each photo from the SD card after it has been imported on my Mac, and eject the SD card when the import has finished. This goes beyond just opening up an app like Image Capture when the card is inserted. It's about telling Image Capture (or Lightroom would be even better) to perform a series of tasks after it has been opened. Is there some sort of Automator script that could be written for this?

2. FreemanW macrumors 6502

I'm sure there is. I'm not a code monkey though.

You might achieve success with camera specific (proprietary) software by Canon or Nikon or whomever manufactured your camera.
    The series of actions you're describing fit perfecting into a Windows scenario and I'm sure that they're reproducible in OS X . . . . . I've just never done it. I leave the card in my DSLR, connect the camera body with a USB cord, select the files I wish to transfer and click.
    Clearly, that takes far too much time and is way to cludgy.

Good luck! ;)