Immigration Center Violence....

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by SFStateStudent, Apr 3, 2009.

1. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

'Multiple casualties' in US siege

More here…
    BBC

2. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I think CNN's coverage of this was abysmal. They kept zooming in and out of the building using Google Maps and Microsoft's Virtual Earth, and then compared the benefits of each for around 2 minutes. I couldn't believe it. I only wanted to hear about the incident. :rolleyes:

Anyway, the "facts" aren't straight at all. Supposedly, everyone who was taken out of the building was bound in some plastic cuffs, which is standard procedure if they don't know exactly which are hostages, and which and gunmen are yet. However, two asian men were walked out of the building as if they were suspects.

They keep referring to a "gunman", which would imply only 1 person is inside, and that no suspects have been taken in, as they're still in the building :confused:

Anyway, crazy day......

3. SFStateStudent thread starter macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

They've confirmed 13 dead, the lone gunman apparently committed suicide. Just sick to my stomach; had a girlfriend from Binghamton, NY, and she graduated from Binghamton University and moved out to San Francisco, but got homesick for her close-knit community....:(

4. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

^^^Really? The funny thing was when they interviewed people who worked (or perhaps lived?) really close by, and they were saying things like, "Well we heard sirens, but we didn't think anything significant was happening because we hear sirens all the time." :eek:

5. SFStateStudent thread starter macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Yeah, I caught that interview as well; I should have mentioned that she was my girlfriend back in the '90's, so I'm pretty sure the neighborhood has changed for her....:(