Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alphanumeric

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 22, 2008
I've been looking to replace the white Apple bumper case on my iPhone 4 with something that better retained the original iPhone 4 design and wouldn't get stained so quickly. After looking for awhile I came across the SGP NEO Hybrid case which comes in a lot better color combinations than the Apple bumper. The silver/white combo really blends well on the white iPhone 4 making it look there isn't even a case on the phone. It also passed the raw denim jean test without any color bleeding, which is more than I can say for the white Apple bumper. Anyone else have any case preferences for there white iPhone 4?

Click the images to enlarge.

My girlfriend liked the case so much that she decided to get the champagne gold case which really compliments the brown leather skin guard. Seeing the brown leather skin guard inperson has me thinking about buying the white one for my phone.

Last edited:

wootang00

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2010
I got the Infinity White w/ the White Rubber from cretouch.com
I think it looks better than the silver combo ;)

Downside is that my headphones wont fit in the plug with the case on.

yrrej

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2010
looks great! does the rubber guards/bezel on the bumper attract a lot of dirt? my blue bumper from apple started to discolor from dirt after only a week.

BlaqkAudio

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2008
New York
I used to have the SGP Neo Hybrid EX and I loved it. However, if you're going to slip your iPhone into your jeans a lot, the rubber near the dock connector will get loose. Also, the plastic around the dock connector is thin, so be careful when taking the case off (mine actually snapped).

bigsexyy81

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2010
I wish I could be happy with all of these different cases, but at the end of the day only the Bumper makes me happy with it on day after day.

:(

brayhite

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
N. Kentucky
I wish I could be happy with all of these different cases, but at the end of the day only the Bumper makes me happy with it on day after day.

Me too. Of all cases friends and family have, I prefer the Apple bumper's simplicity and low profile over everything else.

Alphanumeric

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 22, 2008
Nice pics, what camera do you use?

Thanks, I used a Canon 7D with a Canon 50mm 1.4 lense.

looks great! does the rubber guards/bezel on the bumper attract a lot of dirt? my blue bumper from apple started to discolor from dirt after only a week.

No, the silicon bezel doesn't attract dirt or get discolored like my previous Apple bumper. Plus, unlike the white Apple bumper with its light grey rubber bezel, this one is glossy white like the phone.

The only advantages I think the Apple bumper has over the NEO Hybrid are simple install/uninstall and metal volume/power buttons.

AlvinNguyen

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
I think silicon cases looks/feels cheap. Nothing beats high end aluminum cases ;)

Attachments

• photo-9.JPG
    photo-9.JPG
    156.5 KB · Views: 414

johnydecali

macrumors member
May 16, 2011
Walnut Creek, CA
they both look clean!

i really like how the brown leather provides a nice contrast to the champagne bumper and at the same time giving the whole phone a more luxurious appeal to it. love it!

yrrej

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2010
yes, can you link me to the exact combination of items you bought? SGP is so confusing.

Alphanumeric

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 22, 2008
The silver/white color combo isn't officially offered by SGP. I actually suggested to their marketing department the idea of offering each color with the white silicon to cater to the white iphone 4 owners such as myself. They liked the idea and they were willing to offer me a one-off silver/white case. I know it sounds like a simple request to just have them sell you whatever color silicon with whatever color band, but it sounds their like manufacturer ships them over pre-boxed in only the configurations on their site. Your best bet is to contact them directly and see what they can do for you. Hopefully if they see enough requests for the white silicon they'll just make it a permanent option.

Last edited:

gage006

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2010
The silver/white color combo isn't officially offered by SGP. I actually suggested to their marketing department the idea of offering each color with the white silicon to cater to the white iphone 4 owners such as myself. They liked the idea and they were willing to offer me a one-off silver/white case. I know it sounds like a simple request to just have them sell you whatever color silicon with whatever color band, but it sounds their like manufacturer ships them over pre-boxed in only the configurations on their site. Your best bet is to contact them directly and see what they can do for you. Hopefully if they see enough requests for the white silicon they'll just make it a permanent option.

Aw! Way to break my hopes. Please post pictures if you end up getting that white rear guard. I was thinking about doing the same.

sh0ebox

macrumors member
Mar 3, 2011

Or, if you would rather not have to add another attachment that you need to carry around in order to use your headphones, you can do like I did and shave a little of the excess molding off the existing plug with an x-acto knife. A 2 minute fix that's 100% harmless :D

ibz7kDpTKlNDvF.jpg

Oh and btw OP, that adapter you listed is actually a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter, so it won't work for regular headphones. If you go that route you would need to get a 3.5mm to 3.5mm adapter

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.