iMotion

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Resist, Nov 11, 2009.

1. Resist macrumors 68030

I am asking this here because the creator of the iMotion app doesn't respond to emails.

In the latest update they say with a 3G iPhone you can get up to 500 frames and with a 3GS up to 1000 frames. I am wondering why the frame limitation for the 3G? A 16GB 3G has the same storage as a 16GB 3GS.

2. samcraig macrumors P6

I don't really know what the answer is - but it COULD be because of processor speed/power. Perhaps with testing, the 3G wasn't able to process more than 500 photos in an acceptable/usable way with the software which made it either unstable or a pain in the butt. And perhaps because the 3GS has a better/faster processor, they were able to up the limit to 1000.

Again - I don't know - and I don't have the app. But that would be my best guess

3. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

I am not really sure how processor speed has anything to do with the amount of stored pictures for this app. Frame rate yes but stored pictures no.

4. samcraig macrumors P6

I haven't used the app - but doesn't it output to an animation? If a movie file is created from the images - it would take processing power to create that movie?

Again - I haven't used the app - so I'm not sure what functionality it offers. But I thought based on the description that that is what it does, no?