Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

byakuya

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 26, 2007
Hi,
after being a Mac guy after all I have my very own little app programmed for the first time. You can get it at my blog for now. You ask what does it do? It's a very useful little application/droplet especially for switchers like myself and people who have ntfs formatted HDs. It automates the mounting of ntfs drives via the ntfs 3g driver.
If anyone is interested I'd be more than thankful for a download and maybe even feedback how to improve it.

To any icon designers out there: is anybody interested in maybe designing a nice icon for this app? Unfortunately I can't pay a large sum of money for it being a rather poor college student but maybe we work something out.

byakuya

download iMountIt

byakuya

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 26, 2007
I thought this was already done?

I have in on my Mac, although the version i use works with OSX's built in mounter/dismounter.

It is a different approach. ShadowOfGed provided a package that automatically mounts every ntfs drive with the ntfs-3g drivers. But I think he has discontinued the distribution of his version. Read his blog for more info: http://shadowofged.blogspot.com/search/label/MacFUSE
I wanted to have a little droplet that allows me to mount my ntfs partition only when I needed it and to automount my ntfs partition/volume normally in normal use. It also unmounts the drive to have it mounted the normal way also.
The main difference is that I didn't want the partition to be mounted automatically via the 3g driver but to have it mounted with MacFuse only when I really needed write access and typing in the commands into Terminal just got annoying after a while.

byakuya

byakuya

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 26, 2007
btw I got someone to design the app icon for me.
if you are a customizer you probably have seen his work already: it's susumu of McDo Designs.
His work is amazing so if you have the time, checking out his icons and themes is definately rewarding.

byakuya

byakuya

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 26, 2007
Where can I get the source code?

Just open the *.app file in the Script Editor
you can also right click on the file and go to view resources or something like that. then you should find a applescript file somewhere in the directories.

byakuya

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 26, 2007
iMountIt was updated today.
it is a minor update...it now has the new app icon susumu of McdoDesign designed. He even was kind enough to wrap it all in a dmg file. Big thanks go out to susumu. If you guys don't know his work a visit at his site is definitley worth it. You can get the updated version on my blog.
have a nice day

byakuya

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.