iMove is making me angry!!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jasmine84, Jun 4, 2007.

1. jasmine84 macrumors member

jasmine84

OK so I am trying to put a title in my movie, and for some reason the quality is *insert explititive here* It's all gross poor-quality lookign and I don't know why! Also whenever I add in transitions, like fade out at the end, it messes up the sound, like takes sound from a few seconds before and repeats it??? How do I fix this???

2. robemich macrumors member

I would suggest fading the audio as the transition starts, and then bringing it back up to 100% after the transition completes. Otherwise, you will get the wierd audio repeats.

Some transition effects are worse about this than others. It can be a painful work-around if you are dealing with a large amount of clips, but it works, and it also works nice if you are dealing with clips that contains lots of background noise, like a home movie.

If anyone has an easier work-around, I am all ears.:confused:

3. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

On the part about titles, I've noticed that the Title text looks like crud (for lack of a worse term) in the iMovie preview windows. But, once i export it in my chosen format, they look soooo much better. I haven't figured out why yet, but must have something to do with rendering.

Give it a try all the way to the end, and see if it helps,

Brian

4. jasmine84 thread starter macrumors member

jasmine84

The title is working fine now, thanks :) The audio though is RETARDED and I have NO idea why transitions take RANDOM parts of audio from the clip before it and decide to put it in the transition. It is so stupid and is making me want to have Windows Movie Maker back. Is there some Mac person I can call or something???? Can they debug this or something??? I was under good impression that Mac's were for people who liked digital media! :(

5. j/k/Andy macrumors regular

The 'echo effect' with transitions is killing me too!

I noticed that 'overlap' does not suffer from this, but of course 'cross dissolve' does. Fade in/out sometimes does, sometimes not.

Also I work off an external firewire drive (and current 20" intel iMac) and found that if you add several transitions at once, some of them will be jumpy, best to add one and let it finish before adding the next.