Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stockcerts

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
Pensacola, FL
I just bought a new Imac, and of course it has the latest version of IMovie. I downloaded the previous version as it meets my needs more than the current release (dissapointment).

I've used similar programs in the PC world, so this one isn't totally new to me, but I'd like to learn it inside and out. I'm thinking about buying the IMovie 06 Missing Manual book. Any thoughts on a better way to learn the app?

Thanks!

unknown87

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2007
So iMovie 7 doesn't have enough features, but iMovie 6 is too advanced for you... You've been listening to the hype waaay to much my friend. Try the latest version for a month, honestly, it'll become much easier.

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
It's too bad Apple appears to have removed the online iMovie HD ('06) tutorials. They looked like a great way to get to know the app.

I've been able to figure out/get more done with iMovie '08 (I find it much more intuitive), but that's just me.

sananda

macrumors 68030
May 24, 2007
So iMovie 7 doesn't have enough features, but iMovie 6 is too advanced for you... You've been listening to the hype waaay to much my friend. Try the latest version for a month, honestly, it'll become much easier.

where did the op say imovie 6 was too advanced for him/her???????????????

theBB

macrumors 68020
Jan 3, 2006
I've used similar programs in the PC world, so this one isn't totally new to me, but I'd like to learn it inside and out. I'm thinking about buying the IMovie 06 Missing Manual book. Any thoughts on a better way to learn the app?
That book is fairly good with nice tips here and there. iMovie's help viewer is also very helpful as well. Between the two you should be OK. It is not that complicated to use anyways.

stockcerts

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
Pensacola, FL

I never said that Imovie 6 is too advanced for me, the new version is a reduced version of Imovie 6. I was asking as I am a user that likes to read documentation so I can make the most out of all the available features. The newest version was made for people who quickly want to output some video files with minimal work. I prefer to take my time and make use of transitions and other options to have a nice production when complete. The new IMovie should be called, "IMovie Lite".

It would be nice to find those old tutorials, but I think I will buy the missing manual book. I bought the one for IPhoto and it's been very helpful.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.